Baby steps

Ответить
Mindset

Baby steps

Сообщение Mindset » Сб мар 12, 2011 11:02 pm

Maybe it's my own personal problem, but I feel many have this also - lack of consistency.
I'm still a newbie doing cartography and wishing one day to master my consciousness states, BUT when I try to imagine that - it is soooo abstract. And NLP has a good saying - be very specific. So I tried to imagine myself awake in a dream and it felt so boring - ok I can fly or do some freaky stuff... That really doesn't turn me on :P
I feel that I really lack creativity, but maybe I just don't feel like wasting energy on illusions.
Last night I woke up in my dream and tried flying and then I noticed - I don't know any other exercises to fulfil, since many things are for advanced dreamers and I only see smoke around me.
So what to do? How to train my dream body? What should be the first thing when I "get it" that I'm in a dream? Should I try to extend the time there of being conscious or pay attention to myself or try to find teachers or try some programming - shouting commands/spells or anything else? What is the wisest choice?
Intention to learn and improve may be wiser than just to play around

redmoon

Re: Baby steps

Сообщение redmoon » Вс мар 13, 2011 1:17 am

There should be some goal you want to reach in your dreaming practice. Focus on that goal, and try to find some techniques, which could help you. Then you practice a lot, divide this abstract goal on some smaller and easer. And someday you'll reach it. Then you will be developing as dreamer, starting to make more complicated and more advanced stuff. Just make yourself a task, and try to complete it.

TemporarilyI'mEarth

Re: Baby steps

Сообщение TemporarilyI'mEarth » Сб мар 19, 2011 1:18 pm

boring?
what interests you anyway?
does freedom?

whatever does - go for it, it dreams.
i'm charlila
eternally fluid
temporarily blocked
explosively pissed!
GET OUT OF MY WAY, ASSHOLES! :evil: