Translated Reports About The Sticky Glance Practice

DarkLight[archive]

Translated Reports About The Sticky Glance Practice

Сообщение DarkLight[archive] » Пн дек 14, 2009 1:43 pm

This is the translation of the Sticky Glance Practice topic where participants of the practise have left their reports.

You’re welcome here to leave your reports too; they will be noticed as well.

Please, enjoy reading and share your experiences on this topic.
--

Exersice #1

--
Cubus:

I managed it extraordinarily many times. Twenty five times of thirty five attempts! Oh-ho!
Salt:

Honestly, sometimes I want to turn off the function of the sticky glance. It’s because people react enormously often even at unintentional glance. This is especially stressing in public transport.

It reminds me of body scanning.
Salt:

During the last year I’ve got the habit of looking at people barely touching them with my glance, receiving enough information from it. But in dreams this habit, it seems, gives the opposite effect for me. I can’t react at the absurdness of the dream scouts which I often remember waking up. Then I think why not to look closer and become aware of dreaming. This is just my opinion, it’s not against the practise.
Cat1979

Out of 30 attempts 15 worked. I noticed that if a man is busy with something (his doing) then it’s more difficult to make him turn. Women turn their heads round more willingly than men. But if you work with lightness and intent without worry about result it almost always works.

J.R.Tomlin[archive]

Сообщение J.R.Tomlin[archive] » Сб дек 19, 2009 1:08 pm

I practiced this recently at an event at my local town (where they were turning on

the christmas lights). There was quite a lot of people standing around watching an outdoor stage where a choir was singing, and different people were giving speaches.

I wandered around the back of the crowd and tried out the sticky glance exercise. I did not spend more than 20 seconds on each person (I decided they were probably likely to look around after a while, as they might be looking for someone in the crowd, so I didn\'t think it would get fair results to spend too long focusing on them). My result was 13 successes out of 20. They either turned their head to the side and peered over their shoulder or turned around completely. I found by focusing on a feeling of confidence (at my ability to be successful with the task) whilst performing the task increased my liklihood of success.

DarkLight[archive]

Сообщение DarkLight[archive] » Вс дек 20, 2009 1:05 am

Good, it\'s success, J.R.Tomlin -)

Please, don’t give this up with the sticky glance and heads. It’s perfect training always.

Continue with other tasks translated and ask your questions to Ravenna in the question thread.

Wish you luck, as always.

J.R.Tomlin[archive]

Сообщение J.R.Tomlin[archive] » Пн янв 25, 2010 12:32 pm

Thanks for your reply DarkLight. I had to retreat for a while, but am keen to get going with more tasks again. Would you be so kind as to let me know what task comes after the sticky glance tasks? Thanks for all your help :-)
Kind Regards,
J.R.Tomlin

DarkLight[archive]

Сообщение DarkLight[archive] » Пн янв 25, 2010 2:59 pm

Hello, J.R.Tomlin
We get new tasks from Ravenna every 3-5 days and do our research.

After the \"Sticky Glance Practice\" we began work directly with our dreaming.
There was no translation of the recent tasks from us for a while – it\'s because we (me and other translators) don\'t see activity on the English speaking forum. We try to fix the translation part. Soon you\'ll find a translation of Ravenna\'s tasks topic here and I hope you\'ll catch up.
We\'re about to make a great step forward (it will be detailed later) for which we must prepare. It has its own system of preparation.
At the moment we have the task of seeing (ie. finding) ourselves sleeping in a dream – lying in our real bed in real time (if it\'s night when you\'re asleep it should be night in the dream etc). But don\'t wake yourself up or you won\'t remember the meeting.

This task is advanced. It works upon the connection between dreaming reality and waking reality.
Before this, we worked with \"tearing the matter of a dream\" placing ourselves in the \"darkness\" which exists between dreams. Learning to do it is a way to control your dreams and later will be an important safeguard for protection.
Now, as for what you can do, catching up is never easy, but my best advice would be for you to work with entering this darkness. Shortly and in my own words:
This darkness is what exists between the bubbles of perception we experience in dreams.

A \'bubble of perception\' is the way the boundaries of a dream are best described.
For example, in a dream you need to go to another city so you get on a train. On the train you meet your friend and begin to speak, you then find yourself in your friends\' home speaking with him and help him search for his cat.
There are 2 bubbles here, and 1 transit.

The 1st bubble is the dream of needing to go to a city, the train etc.

The 2nd is your friend, his house and his cat etc.

The friend is the transit between bubbles.
We always have transits, sometimes they\'re extremely subtle, sometimes very obvious. They carry us from one bubble into another while we dream. We had tasks earlier of noticing these transits as much as we could, and being aware of the transition between bubbles.
It is possible however to break free of a bubble without entering another, instead you\'ll enter this darkness. Ravenna mentioned an object which universally appears in people\'s dreams. It very much resembles an acorn. They may be found in the possession of gypsy-like people near airports, train/metro stations bus depots etc. They can be traded or bought from these people for whatever (it doesn\'t matter). If you get them, fling them on the ground and they\'ll make a hole which tears open the bubble of perception (literally a hole in reality). Go through it and enter the darkness. The task is to be able to enter it, sustain your dream there, and return through the same hole. It\'s easy to be disturbed or amazed, or just freaked-out by this and wake up, but we must learn to use it with harmony. You can also try to break reality in other ways, stomping your feet, scraping the walls, whatever works for you. Once you have done it once, by accident or with these \"acorns\" it will become much easier to remember this feeling and do it again.
Work with this for now, and I or one of the other translators will post more after. You\'re not too far behind and there\'s still time to catch up. Please share your experiences so far, and good luck!

J.R.Tomlin[archive]

Сообщение J.R.Tomlin[archive] » Вт янв 26, 2010 7:52 pm

Hi DarkLight,
thank you very much for updating me on what you have been doing. It sounds very exciting. I love the sound of your current task and the one preceding it (entering the darkness). I find the acorns particularly intriguing. So, I will focus on reaching that darkness in between dream bubbles. What has your experience been with this darkness? Did it frighten you?
Thanks so much for your help with translating the tasks (and please say thanks from me to the others for their help).
Kind Regards,
J.R.Tomlin

Field9[archive]

Сообщение Field9[archive] » Чт янв 28, 2010 7:52 pm

Hi Everyone,
I\'m still in the process of doing these tasks and continuing with all. Will send in my reports when I get them ready.
Regards,

Field9

DarkLight[archive]

Сообщение DarkLight[archive] » Пт янв 29, 2010 3:52 pm

You are welcome. I have some news for you in the end of this message.
This darkness is something like the base of our dreams. Once we tear them we are there. If the dream is not wanted we can change to another one \"diving\" into this darkness and \"diving out\".

I naturally appeared in this darkness many times, it gave me consciousness to begin a dream. I\'m also one of those who considers astral experiences and real conscious dreams (not lucid ones – they are on the level below) to be the same.

For me this darkness was scary only when it coincided with dream paralysis (it\'s when you begin to feel your physical body still dreaming and can\'t move) and very loud noise (like fast wind in my years). When I tear dreams intentionally or just appear in it unintentionally, it doesn\'t scare me.

Also, according to Ravenna and my experience this darkness is not very safe, so we must stay quiet there and gentle. Nevertheless, it\'s the place to escape to when we run from one dream to another.
I\'m asking you not to do the tasks all at once. But once you\'ve managed one you can go to another. Still, don\'t let it take too long.
The news is that at the moment we are doing the main task – the one which the rest of exercises have prepared us for. It was given yesterday.

Please, go through all the tasks here and check if you have exercised all, then write in your reports where you are at the moment.
In one week or two there will be a new forum – by that time you\'ll have finished the main task. No more is known so far, this forum is the place where we all have taken our first steps and later we\'ll have a new place with new researches.

Soon you\'ll have all information, we\'ll keep you updated.
Hugs,

DarkLight

Field9[archive]

Сообщение Field9[archive] » Вс янв 31, 2010 11:02 pm

I practiced the sticky glance task while out and about shopping. I went about glancing in short intervals at random shoppers. Out of about 20 I had about 3 that felt felt like I had accomplished getting them to turn around and look back at me fully... The vast majority of others were made up of half turns, so I did not count those as being completes... There were also maybe about 4 or so that didn\'t turn at all I think this was due to their absorption in what they were doing... I found that when I was standing still and focused in on the people I seem to do better but remaining unnoticed in some instances as I was doing this was also challenging... The attempts I did while walking behind at a distance did not yield as good of results, people were more apt to turn sideways on me and it did not feel as though I had been the one that caused the turning... I did find this exercise interesting as well as challenging.
Field9

Quasar[archive]

Сообщение Quasar[archive] » Пн фев 01, 2010 7:21 am

Field9, it\'s ok. The more people are occupied with something, as in your case shopping and talking, the harder it is to make them turn. Also sometimes they don\'t make the full turn, but the half turns are also partial success. I started just recently and have to admit that sometimes I make them turn as puppets, but sometimes my efforts are to no avail. As with any exercise the only way to sharpen up your skill is practice, so keep practicing and put some effort in it. Shopping mall is not the easiest place to start the practicing this task because people are too concentrated on whatever they doing there. Try to exercise sitting on the park bench or in your car on people who just pass by. It is easier and will give you some confidence.

Good luck!

Ответить