Weighting Your Powers (task 3.5)

Psychonaut[archive]

Weighting Your Powers (task 3.5)

Сообщение Psychonaut[archive] » Пн сен 28, 2009 10:53 am

Ravenna:
And here is the promised task 3.5.

Maat is reflected in two aspects - in daily and in dream worlds. This is why there are two of them on the picture.

1. I ask you to estimate your desires, strengths, moods and expectations. Does it suit you what I give? Maybe, you would like something else? Maybe, my interpretations, judgements and the course of the project are not convenient for you? Maybe, you whant not this thing, not this way, not now? Estimate this project, and if it rises a slightest feeling of rejection in you, leave us. Return to your usual way of life. Return to your usual judgements and customary world view. And if the project is still attractive for you, if you still want to take part in it, but some small details disturb you, then recall this details. What if they are some \"barriers\", which you can overcome?

2. In your dreams you should recover your luminosity in museum-temple-castle. Near to the right, to east - there is a bridge. Cross it. It is the Rubicon. This is the examination of you on \"who is who\". Don\'t lie in your reports. Don\'t fictionalize your feats. It doesn\'t mean whether you cross the bridge or not. What really means is when crossing the bridge you understood everything about yourself.

I\'ll not leave you if you didn\'t cross the bridge. I\'ll lead you further - to the unknown. Even if you are without LD-s, without trousers and strenghths - it doesn\'t mean. But accept the mark you get from Maat. Don\'t lie to her. Don\'t lie to yourself. And clarify yourself at last - are you in the project or just pottering about?

J.R.Tomlin[archive]

Сообщение J.R.Tomlin[archive] » Чт окт 01, 2009 11:19 am

I\'m in the project. Any small details that come up are just that, small details. I can see a pattern where small details try to form into barriers, whose nature is often to distract. This can be overcome by frequently strengthening intent. One large barrier I see develop for myself in these situations is the barrier of feeling a need to \'perform\'. I feel a tension to meet the objective of task (e.g. find the treasure in the building) and that often makes it harder for me to fulfil the task than if relaxed and carefree about it. This is a hard one to stalk. It\'s hard to feel carefree about something when there is an underlying feeling of urgency to complete the task. Anyone else notice it? It reminds me of something don Juan said in The Art of Dreaming:
\"Explanations always call for deep thought. But when you actually dream, be as light as a feather. Dreaming has to be performed with integrity and seriousness, but in the midst of laughter and with the confidence of someone who doesn\'t have a worry in the world. Only under these conditions can our dreams actually be turned into dreaming .\"

ChHIA[archive]

Сообщение ChHIA[archive] » Пт окт 09, 2009 9:57 pm

I\'m in. The problem is that I don\'t have a big Dream map. And I am not lucid in dreams but I have found a way to get out of my body for few seconds with a sleeping pose. I can generate energy but how to become lucid? I can\'t do dreamwork without it! Well, I\'m without pants - who can help me?

Oh and Ravenna, I dreamt I talked to you few weeks ago.

P.S. Could someone change my nick to Modestas?

Andjel[archive]

Сообщение Andjel[archive] » Сб окт 10, 2009 2:21 pm

map attached here http://dreamhackers.eu/forum/topic/71#post-2135 (Архи-карта1.GIF)

Field9[archive]

Сообщение Field9[archive] » Вс окт 11, 2009 6:21 am

I am in the project as well.
Persistence and working at maintaining a healthy obsession of what i\'m doing can be a great strenght and asset to have. Obsessions however can turn into extremes so it must be tempered to not get out of hand and balance must be adhered to.
I feel those times myself like you mention, JR Tomlin to perform well and get the task objective met... I even feel a certain frustration if it feels like i\'m lagging behind, especially if I have not been lucid. I remind myself that even though that one area (dreaming) is as such, it does not mean things have stopped happening, maybe it is needed time for the body to catch up to the mind and or also things are occurring with other areas of practice. So its important to keep a healthy perspective and no need to be dissappointed about how things are at the moment, because that is always changing.
I think a little goes along way when we adopt that carefreeness. It is especially helpful to take a moment and reflect in those times to look objectively as an observer... in other words I find myself taking short breaks completely from what I am doing to relax. This has even been beneficial for helping with improving my dream memory.
I\'m still looking for the treasury, museum in the dream realm. I realize it is not the sole purpose of finding the bridge. It is an aspect of the bridge we cross on our journeys.
Field9

ChHIA[archive]

Сообщение ChHIA[archive] » Вс окт 11, 2009 8:17 am

My kundalini yoga teacher says that it is not a break one needs but more practice i.e. raising energy and storing. That is how you become lucid. The problem is that if you don\'t raise enough energy and then eat - it all goes down to manipura etc and it is radiated away. His and my energy raising, balancing practice is sitting in Burmese position or siddhasana for 2-3 hours. This way you relax, raise energy and, eventualy, become lucid... I\'m not going to talk about brahmachiarya which is impossible to manage if you don\'t meditate. :D

I think carefreeness etc is a kind of lazyness and I admit that I\'m being lazy sometimes not foiling it in abstract words. :D

Field9[archive]

Сообщение Field9[archive] » Пн окт 12, 2009 1:47 am

When I spoke of carefreeness it was not meant in the sense of lazinesss, moreso, I was referring to a sense of lightness.
Every teacher will speak in accordance to his/her own perceptions and indeed energy is a major factor in lucidity as certain areas of the body are major storehouses. I look at the breaks as simple time to gain perspective, observe.
Regards,

Field9

ChHIA[archive]

Сообщение ChHIA[archive] » Пн окт 12, 2009 7:20 am

I\'m trying to understand. I usually don\'t stop my practice to gain perspective unless my practice is totaly wrong. I always observe the results coming from my practice and so far I know if I stop - my abilities downgrade.

I understand that pushing your practice for results brings nervousness - the only energy efficient way for me to cope with that is asana and pranayama. Of course not everyone has the time to do that...
Good luck hunting for your light :),

Modestas

ChHIA[archive]

Сообщение ChHIA[archive] » Пн окт 12, 2009 1:39 pm

Thank you Andjel for the map link!

Andjel[archive]

Сообщение Andjel[archive] » Пн окт 12, 2009 6:16 pm

you are welcome, Chhia :)

Ответить